This 76 hours course is approved by NJ State Board of Nursing and follows an outlined curriculum set by the credentialing agency. This course provides skills training specific to home patient populations and requires 60 hours of classroom and 16 hours of clinical laboratory instruction. Students will learn to care for the ill and disabled individuals confined to their home and be able to:
- Perform selected direct patient care skills
- Assist a patient with daily hygiene needs and personal grooming
- Observe and report health status to supervising Registered Nurse
- Prepare meals and recognize proper nutrition
- Identify appropriate activity level
- Identify and employee appropriate communication skills
Please be advised that all students will be fingerprinted and must submit to a criminal background check in order to register and become certified through the New Jersey Department of Health Services. This requires additional fees not reflected in the tuition.
Fee is very affordable and there is a payment plan in place.